Carrick Institute – Receptorbased Essentials
What is ReceptorBased® Essentials?
ReceptorBased® Essentials (RBE) was created for practitioners wanting a fast and effective way to learn and implement the fundamentals of Clinical Neuroscience into their practices. It is the only 4-day live program with an online component that includes hands on evidence-based, clinically proven training.
What is Clinical Neuroscience?
Clinical Neuroscience is a branch of neuroscience that focuses on the scientific study of fundamental mechanisms that underlie diseases and disorders of the brain and central nervous system. It seeks to develop new ways of conceptualizing and diagnosing such disorders and developing novel applications to treat them.
The Importance of Understanding Sensory Receptors
Correcting the central processing of sensory receptors contributes to the efficacy of many manual therapies. Understanding how these receptor systems work together to affect function will allow you to effectively implement Clinical Neuroscience into your practice.
Brain Dysfunction in Clinical Neuroscience
Brain dysfunction often contributes to human suffering and suboptimal performance. A ReceptorBased® approach provides more effective treatments that deliver better patient outcomes.
Not all sensory input is beneficial in treating neurological dysfunction. ReceptorBased® Essentials teaches you assessment strategies that allows you to select an optimal intervention. By better understanding how your therapies achieve their results, you will better serve your patient/client population.
The Top 10 Things You Will Learn:
- To observe your patient through neurological lens.
- The “Clinical Neuroscience Paradigm” and how it will change the way you practice forever.
- To determine and treat the Longitudinal Level of Decompensation (LLD).
- To comprehend your neurological assessments under a Clinical Neuroscience paradigm
- To effectively and efficiently assess neurological reflexes, motor function, and cognitive processing.
- To effectively and efficiently assess the brain’s influence on the autonomic nervous system.
- To determine whether the treatment you provided produced a statistically significant change.
- To create, deliver, and evaluate the effectiveness of a ReceptorBased® application on neurological function, performance, and quality of life.
- To apply the 10 Principles of Neuroplasticity.
- The patient care cycle of a ReceptorBased® Treatment from marketing, education, assessment tools, care plans, and referral generation.
What People are Saying
What Sets ReceptorBased® Essentials Apart From Other Programs?
One of the many elements that set ReceptorBased® Essentials apart from any other program is the methodology utilized in its creation. Many courses are created using information from textbooks and other courses.
We started the development ReceptorBased® Essentials by doing a job analysis on some of the most successful practitioners utilizing Clinical Neuroscience in their practices.
The results allowed us to identify the three essential foundations of the program:
- The type of patient’s Clinical Neuroscience practitioners can help.
- The most-common, relevant, and practical clinical tools, assessments, and applications utilized in successful practices.
- The academic concepts that these doctors felt contributed most to their success with their patients.
This knowledge enabled us to establish the most commonly used applications that we needed to teach. We then performed a literature search for information on these applications. We collected and constructed a library of evidence with thousands of peer-research papers supporting nearly every concept and procedure taught in this program.
Why the Carrick Institute?
The Carrick Institute has a 40-year history of providing evidence based clinical education in the field of neuroscience and neurology. We specialize in translating complex information often found in neuroscience and neurology into an easily understandable format. This allows for accelerated learning and the development of novel applications that may be applied in a wide range of circumstances spanning the healthcare and athletic performance fields. Our dedication to making all that we teach as simple and practical as possible promotes lifelong learning and inspires our global alumni to continue developing new and exciting clinical applications.
Thus, those who have a desire to learn from leaders in the field and become part of a community that focuses on support and encouragement will find a home at Carrick Institute. We invite you to join our team and learn with us.
- 10 Hours of Flipped Classroom
- 4-day live onsite/online learning & training
- 1 day of online, self-paced learning that includes:
- Course summary highlighting key points.
- Case videos with discussion
- Examination in which a passing score is necessary to achieve certification.
- Post examination faculty advisor consult
- To discuss weaknesses and strength as determined by your examination scores.
- To answer any questions you may have.